Starting up your making kit can be a challenging and confusing experience.
'Which one will match my skin type?'
'Which brands are worth the money?'
'How do I know what products to buy?'
So today I decided to show you a 'Drugstore Makeup Starter Kit' (with a few cheaper High End products thrown in there). I hope this helps you slowly build up your collection or gives you a few ideas on what to buy when you go to Boots. Enjoy!
For base you want to go for something quite light and something that doesn't make such a dramatic change to your skin. When I first started out with makeup I wore 4 things on my face.
~Concealer. BB Cream. Powder. Blush.
You obviously don't have to use 4 products on your face if you don't want to, but some people to want a higher coverage.
For BB Cream I would recommend the Maybelline Dream Pure or Dream Fresh BB Cream. Dream Fresh is perfect for dry/dehydrated skin and Dream Pure is great for oily/greasy skin. These BB Creams give a slight glow and a bit of coverage but nothing to much.
Concealer-wise, I think everyone knows what's coming, The Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer.
This concealer has had great reviews from many beauty bloggers such as ViviannaDoesMakeup and Zoella (links will be below) and I can completely see why. It has great coverage and is perfect for under eyes and blemishes.
Powder is an essential when starting with makeup as it sets it and keeps your makeup long lasting. I chose to talk about the Rimmel Stay Matte powder. Again is a massive hit in the beauty industry, and for the right reasons. It mattifies your face and sets your makeup for the day ahead.
Blush definetley isn't something I wore everyday when beginning with makeup, so I just chose a natural bronzey toned blush as it is quite natural and gives you a healthy glow. The NYC cheek glow in Outside Cafe is a great choice, as not only is it a gorgreous colour, it is good for the pocket at a bargain price of £1/2.
For eyes you don't want to go for something to 'out there', as you want your makeup to look as minimal as possible. For this I recommend an MUA Eyeshadow Trio in a natural brown colour. These colours are so pigmented and give a great colour pay off. But if you are willing to pay a bit more money you could always go for an Urban Decay Naked Basics palette. These come with 6 eyeshadows in gorgeous neutral colours. Althought It costs £22 it is 100% worth it.
Adding a bit of mascara always make your eyes look more awake and widened. I would start of with a brown mascara because that is more natural, but if you are looking for a black one I would always recommend Maybelline's The Rocket Volume Express. It can give your lashes a false, dramatic look, or a soft natural look.
Finally for lips, I think it is best to start of with a balm or gloss. I have been loving the Collection Cream Puff in Cotton Candy lately. It gives a matte finish and lasts all day. If you don't want a matte finish and want something a bit more glossy, I would definetley recommend a Tanya Burr lipgloss. My favourite is Chic, as it is a classic nude. The lipglosses also smell like strawberry laces, but it does fade once applied.
And that is it for today's post! I really hope you enjoy and will see you next week!
ViviannaDoesMakeup Blog: http://www.viviannadoesmakeup.com
Zoella Blog: http://www.zoella.co.uk
Thanks,
alittlebeautyblog.

No comments:
Post a Comment